How to become a participating business
It is important that all participating businesses and organizations continue to abide by the latest public health orders as they evolve throughout the summer. We want to be sure that as a community we are encouraging a safe AND fun environment.
What is Wednesday Night Live?
Wednesday Night Live will feature buskers (street performers) strategically placed all around Basalt (both Historic Downtown and Willits) to create additional vibrancy around town. The Chamber is highlighting this as an opportunity for businesses to get involved, putting their own spin on the scheduled evenings and making it their own. Think of this as Small Business Saturday, but during the week and much warmer. Or consider how many businesses in Historic Downtown have special hours during the Basalt Sunday Market dates.
The Chamber will advertise the series as a whole; we need you to give people a reason to show up and support you. Here are a few ideas:
- Stay open longer to encourage “late night” shopping
- Host a local art exhibit/artist
- Provide in-store entertainment (within gathering limits)
- Promote a sidewalk sale
- Coordinate with other businesses to have a Basalt-wide scavenger hunt
- Create a Basalt Business Bingo card to encourage people to come back week after week
- Leverage the many bike trail loops and create a DIY Tour de Basalt, complete with cue cards
- Decorate your windows or do chalk art outside
- Host 5 Commitment compliant activities outside (e.g. yoga in the park)
- Have a guest bartender / chef that evening
- Highlight a To Go special or unique dining experience (prix fixe menu, dinner)
- Host an Open House for your non-profit and recruit volunteers
While this isn’t Small Business Saturday, many of those ideas could easily be repurposed for Wednesday Night Live:
NOTE: As an offshoot of Small Business Saturday, American Express has launched Stand for Small, to help businesses during this crisis. There is also a Shop Small toolkit.
How Do I Advertise?
- Share the Wednesday Night Live Facebook events via your organization’s Facebook page (Instructions). All dates will be available through the Basalt Chamber’s page and TACAW’s page.
- Post your WLN happenings on the Chamber’s Calendar of Events. Members – manage your events posts directly through the Membership portal. This will allow you to update them over time. Instructions.
- Update your information in popular directories like Google My Business, Facebook and your website. Your Google My Business listing is of the utmost importance—take the time to optimize it.
- Talk to people. Put a sign up in your business. Get excited.
- Coming soon! Wednesday Night Live Business Toolkit
- Coming soon! The Chamber is working with local newspapers on discounted advertising opportunties.
How Do I Opt-In?
Fill out the form below. After submission, the chamber will add your details to a larger list of participants. If you have any questions or issues, please contact email@example.com.
The Chamber will work on promoting and marketing Wednesday Night Live as a whole, and businesses can opt-in to participate.
Important – Repetition is key
As many Historic Downtown retailers can attest with the Basalt Sunday Market, repetition and consistency is key, as well as patience. This is the first time we are doing an event like this, so it will take time to get people used to what Wednesday Night Live is all about.
With the current physical distancing restrictions in place, people are more eager than ever do so SOMETHING active, outdoors and social (while being safe). This is a great opportunity for our businesses to bring something fun to our community.