Holiday Happenings in Basalt
Get ready for the 2019 holiday season!
- Small Business Saturday
- Holiday Tree Lightings
- Community Menorah Lighting – 12/22
- Holiday decorating contest
- FREE advertising opportunities for Chamber members
Original email: https://conta.cc/32Mc9wM
Small Business Saturday – November 30
Small Business Saturday participants:
2019 Holiday Tree Lightings
- Coming soon
- Coming soon
Sunday, December 22, 2019, 5–5:30 p.m. | Triangle Park
Holiday decorating contest
(night of the first tree lighting)
Grand Prize (a $2,500+ value)
- 50 radio commercials on either KSPN or KNFO and the winning display will appear on Always Mountain Time’s (KSPN/KNFO) social media platforms and station websites. (Value: $1,000 + PR)
- Two full-color, quarter-page ads in The Aspen Times and 25,000 views on aspentimes.com (Value – $1,499)
Second Place (a $1,100+ value)
- Two full-color, eighth-page ads in The Aspen Times and 20,000 views on aspentimes.com
- $250 from Alpine Bank
Holiday Decorating Contest Rules
- Businesses must register for the contest in order to be eligible. Register here.
- Only outdoor lighting/decorating and window displays will be considered for the contest. Decorations must be visible from the outside.
- Displays should be full, colorful, and have a lot of holiday lights. Be creative!
- The Town of Basalt requires that sidewalks remain clear and free of stray light cords that could pose a tripping hazard to pedestrians. If you have cords outside on the ground, they must be properly covered with a cord speed bump/protector.
- All decorations must be up no later than December 6. If decorations are not up by the deadline, you are not eligible for the contest.
- Photographs will be taken at dark, after hours. The photographer will be taking photos on his/her own schedule, no specific times will be scheduled.
- Contest winners to be announced and prizes awarded on December 12 at the Basalt Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours at Alpine Bank in Downtown, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Advertising opportunities for Chamber members
In addition to our holiday advertising, Basalt Chamber members can take advantage of special rates in The Aspen Times’s forthcoming shopping section – Details [PDF]
During the holiday season, the Chamber will be advertising different major events in Basalt in print, online, and on the radio. We have the ability to include details about different member specials and events during that time. Members must contact the Chamber with details by Tuesday, November 19, 2019 in order to be included in print ads, which will appear:
- Friday, November 29 (day before Small Business Saturday)
- Friday, December 6 (Light Up Willits)
- Friday, December 13 (Merry Midland)
Looking for inspiration? Last year included late night shopping hours, special sales, open houses, and holiday receptions tied to the above events.
Details provided after November 19 will be added to this page and Facebook events as time allows, so get details to us ASAP.