Holiday Happenings in Basalt
New traditions and events to creatively and safely celebrate the 2020 holiday season!
Small Business Saturday – November 28
2020 Hometown Holidays in Basalt
Holiday decorating contest
Grand Prize (a $2,500+ value)
- 50 radio commercials on either KSPN or KNFO and the winning display will appear on Always Mountain Time‘s (KSPN/KNFO) social media platforms and station websites (Value: $1,000 + PR).
- Two full-color, quarter-page ads in The Aspen Times and 25,000 views on aspentimes.com (Value – $1,499).
- Guest appearance on the David Bach show, with the opportunity to promoting the winning business on air (Priceless PR).
Second Place (a $1,100+ value)
- Two full-color, eighth-page ads in The Aspen Times and 20,000 views on aspentimes.com
- Two tickets to Iron Mountain Hot Springs.
Holiday Decorating Contest Rules
- Businesses must register for the contest in order to be eligible. There is no cost to enter Register here.
- Only outdoor lighting/decorating and window displays will be considered for the contest. Decorations must be visible from the outside. Judging will be based on “curb appeal.”
- Displays should be full, colorful, and have a lot of holiday lights. Be creative!
- The Town of Basalt requires that sidewalks remain clear and free of stray light cords that could pose a tripping hazard to pedestrians. If you have cords outside on the ground, they must be properly covered with a cord speed bump/protector. All local rules must be followed.
- All decorations must be up no later than December 11. If decorations are not up by the deadline, you are not eligible for the contest.
- Photographs will be taken at dark, after hours. The photographer will be taking photos on his/her own schedule, no specific times will be scheduled.
- Contest winners to be announced via email, on the Chamber’s website and on social media. Winners will be announced on December 21.
NOTE: Businesses that leverage holiday decorations as a product or service of the business (i.e. the decorations themselves are a paid attraction and/or revenue generating) are ineligible for the contest. To put it another way, if there is a direct connection between the decorations and income (the business makes money off the decorations), the business is ineligible to participate.
GivingTuesday and Colorado Gives Day
There are two days focused on giving back this holiday season – GivingTuesday and Colorado Gives Day. Both offer opportunities to contribute to our community, whether by giving of your time, or making a financial contribution to a local non-profit.
GivingTuesday – December 1
Colorado Gives Day – December 8
Join one of the largest one-day giving movements in the country.
Each December Coloradans come together with the common goal to strengthen the community by helping to power nonprofits. Community First Foundation and FirstBank partner to make this day rewarding for givers, nonprofits and the community as a whole.
Colorado Gives Day is Tuesday, December 8, and features a $1 million Incentive Fund. Every nonprofit receiving a donation on Colorado Gives Day receives a portion of the fund, increasing impact and the value of every dollar donated. Colorado Gives Day has grown to be Colorado’s largest one-day online giving event, raising more than $257 million since it began in 2010.