Be In The Know – Sign-up for area alerts
- Emergency – gas leaks, evacuations and wildfires
- Non-emergency alerts – traffic alerts, pass closures, severe weather, natural disasters and community area alerts
Road Conditions | COtrip.org
The latest road conditions can be found on the CO Department of Transportation’s website cotrip.org.
You can also sign up for text alerts and updates on road closures at https://511.cotrip.org. This is one of the fastest ways to learn about I-70 and other road closures.
Pitkin Alert (Pitkin County) | Sign-up here
For registration assistance, please call the PitkinAlert Help Desk at (970) 429-6183. Please leave a message and your call will be returned. Non-emergency questions regarding published alerts should be directed to the Communications Dispatch Center at (970) 920-5310. Please do NOT call 911 with non-emergency questions.
EC Alert (Eagle County) | Sign-up here
For registration assistance, please call (970) 328-3545. Be sure to look for location specific alerts – including El Jebel and Basalt.
For registration assistance, information or questions regarding the emergency notification system, please contact the Garfield County Communications Authority at (970) 625-8095 or email@example.com.
Residents living or working in Garfield County may also want to sign-up for Garco 911 updates.
NOTE: This is another source for Glenwood Canyon closures.
All three counties (details above) use an emergency system powered by Everbridge. While individuals can opt-in to text message updates for emergencies, the Everbridge app is used to communicate both emergency (gas leaks, evacuations and wildfires) and non-emergency alerts (traffic alerts, pass closures, severe weather, natural disasters and community area alerts) to the public. NOTE: You may be required to have separate usernames and passwords for each of the county alert systems. However it is possible to add multiple accounts within the app to receive important updates across the Roaring Fork Valley.
How to download the app
- Find the Everbridge App in the Google Play Store or iOS App Store and download it.
- Allow Everbridge to send Push Notifications
- Select “Find an organization or subscription”
- Search for Pitkin County, Eagle County, or Garfield County, then select “Public Alerts”
- Log in with your username and password associated with the alert system. NOTE: You will need to have an existing username and password before adding your account(s) to the app. If you don’t have credentials, you will need to create them at this step.
- Username and password recovery can be found using the Sign-up here links below.
- For more information and instructions for downloading the app, click here.
Within each alert account, users are able to manage their account settings, customizing what alerts are received and how (app notification, email, text, phone call…etc.). To make changes, select the account, then click Manage My Profile. Modifications can be made to the profile as well as what subscriptions are received, including community alerts, weather alerts, red flag/fire warnings. There is also the ability to geotarget, meaning you can opt-in to only the El Jebel community alerts in Eagle County, and you will not receive updates regarding the Eagle River side (Vail).
Post-Lake Christine Fire
For text updates specific to Lake Christine burn scar events, text LCFLOOD to 888777
Important Facebook pages
National Council for Aging Care: Disaster Preparedness: A Complete Guide For Seniors