Aspen Skiing Company’s Chamber Pass Program – Members save big with the Chamber discount
Each year, the Aspen Skiing Company, in partnership with the Roaring Fork Valley Chambers, provides an incredible Member-to-Member discount through its Chamber Pass Program. The savings is typically at least $500 per Premier Pass which provides unlimited skiing/riding during the winter season as well as additional summertime benefits. If your organization takes advantage of this Member-to-Member, your Chamber membership more than pays for itself. This is the most widely used Chamber benefit.
It pays to be a member – Chamber pass program savings
2019-20 season savings based on passes purchased by the Super Early discount deadline (September 13, 2019)
- Premier – $570
- Double Flex – $300
- Flex – $150
Highlights for 2019-2020 Winter season
- The Premier Chamber Pass (unlimited skiing/riding) now includes a complimentary IKON Base Pass. Details.
- Aspen Mountain and Snowmass Opening Day is scheduled for Thursday, November 28, 2019 (Thanksgiving Day); Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk are scheduled for Saturday, December 7, 2019.
The Aspen Snowmass App will offer bigger rewards, including a $15 food & beverage credit valid at on-mountain restaurants, $10 credit at Four Mountain Sports, $25 off Ski and Snowboard School lessons as well as exclusive access to all things Aspen Snowmass.
2019-2020 Season Pass Information – Quick links
2019-2020 Season Pass Information | [PDF version]
How it works – A step-by-step process
- Owner/manager: Visit the Basalt Chamber of Commerce to get a membership Verification of Eligibility Form. One form per organization.
- Owner/manager: Visit an Aspen Snowmass ticket office to pay for and receive ASC Chamber Pass Voucher(s).
- Passholder: Redeem ASC Chamber Pass Voucher(s) by loading it onto an RFID Aspen Card(s) for direct-to-lift access either in the same transaction as Step 2, or at some point during the Winter Season.
Owner/manager: Maintain the proper documentation in case of an audit.
In short: Verification of Eligibility Form -> ASC Chamber Pass Voucher(s) -> Aspen Card(s)
- Do NOT wait until the last minute – Friday, September 13, 2019 at 6 p.m.!
- If possible, pay any outstanding Chamber invoices prior to visiting the Chamber of Commerce (via mail or phone).
- Designate one point person (owner/manager) to handle the Chamber Pass program at your organization. The point person should be the one to visit the Basalt Chamber and to go to the Aspen Snowmass ticket office to pay for and receive the ASC Chamber Pass Vouchers.
- Once an organization has the ASC Chamber Pass Vouchers, hold off until the winter season begins to load the value onto an Aspen Card. Unused ASC Pass Vouchers can be returned for a full refund until February 15, 2020. This is a cheap form of insurance in case something happens between now and the Winter Season – say breaking something while mountain biking.
Document and keep track of the vouchers – treat them like cash. It is the responsibility of the business to keep a record of recipients of the ASC Chamber Pass Vouchers. We suggest you keep a spreadsheet of all the voucher numbers and the corresponding name of the employee or spouse in case of an audit.
STEP 1: Visit the Basalt Chamber of Commerce for membership verification (owner/manager)
The Chamber Verification of Eligibility Form is documentation that a business/organization qualifies for the Chamber Pass Program. Think of it as a special Chamber-only coupon for Aspen Skiing Company season passes. Click here for our Guaranteed Chamber Ski Pass hours.
At the Chamber, a Verification of Eligibility Form is completed for each interested member business/organization. Owners/managers must physically get the form – it cannot be mailed or emailed. NO EXCEPTIONS – this is an ASC policy. Only one form per member organization.
- The Chamber verifies that a member business/organization is a current and in good standing. Organizations must not have any outstanding invoices for membership or advertising. Any outstanding Chamber invoices (through October 2019), will need to be paid prior to receiving the completed verification of eligibility form.
- Information about the business is verified to ensure it is accurate in our database.
- The completed, embossed Verification of Eligibility Form is a triplicate copy: one for the Chamber, one for the business and one for Aspen Skiing Company.
The only transactions that occurs at the Chamber are payments for any outstanding Chamber-related invoices.
NOTE: After October 2019, organizations that become overdue for unpaid membership during the winter season AND were issued a Verification of Eligibility Form will be reported to Aspen Skiing Company. This is a violation of the terms of the program, and the organization will become responsible for paying the full market value of each pass.
STEP 2: Visit an Aspen Snowmass ticket location to purchase ASC Chamber pass vouchers (owner/manager)
The Chamber Verification of Eligibility Form is provided to Aspen Skiing Company along with payment for the season passes. The value of the passes are locked in when you receive an ASC Chamber Pass Voucher(s). Think of this step as redeeming the coupon for a special gift certificate with a specific pass value.
- Bring the completed, embossed Verification of Eligibility Form to an Aspen Snowmass ticket office, along with the form of payment for the total number of ski passes.
- Personal credit cards will only be accepted from the business owner whose name appears on the Chamber of Commerce form. Personal checks and cash are not accepted. There is a $10,000 per business limit for credit card purchases per season (Seven Premier Passes would require a check).
- Ticket office locations and hours can be found here.
- Upon payment to ASC, the Chamber form will be converted into the appropriate number of ASC Chamber Pass Voucher(s). These vouchers are essentially paper gift cards for a ski pass locking in a specific value – Premier Pass, Flex, Double Flex. Treat these vouchers as cash. Unused ASC Chamber Pass Vouchers can be refunded up until February 15, 2020.
NOTE: Organizations are purchasing the passes directly from Aspen Skiing Company. Once you have ASC Chamber Pass Voucher(s), the pass price is locked in and will not increase. This step much be completed prior to Friday, September 13, 2019 at 6 p.m. for the Super Early Discount pricing.
STEP 3: Convert an ASC Chamber pass voucher into a ski pass on an Aspen Card (passholder)
The paper ASC Chamber Pass Voucher(s) then can be loaded onto an RFID Aspen Card – the card typically refers to as one’s “ski pass” – what provides direct-to-lift access.
- Once a voucher has been turned into a pass, it becomes nonrefundable even if the pass is never used.
- Conversion of a ASC Chamber Pass Voucher into a season pass can happen as part of the transaction in step 2 OR
- Owners, Managers, Employees and Spouses of the business may redeem their Chamber pass voucher at any ticket office, or over the phone if they had a season pass in a previous season and wish to use their existing Aspen Card. They must provide the voucher number over the phone. Once the voucher is redeemed over the phone, that voucher number is inactivated and the voucher should be thrown away to eliminate confusion.
Once the voucher has been loaded onto an Aspen Card – the card as direct to lift access – you are good to go for the 2019-20 season.
STEP 4: Have the proper documentation incase of an audit (see details below).
Full eligibility requirements including the audit process are listed in the 2019-20 Aspen Skiing Company letter (also provided by the Chamber during voucher pick-up).
Each Chamber Pass is the property of the Chamber of Commerce business that purchased it and it is your responsibility to ensure that the passes purchased by your business are only being used by bona fide employees and spouses. A bona fide employee is one who works a minimum of 20 hours a week during the winter season, receives a W2 and whose primary residence is in the Roaring Fork Valley. If an employee with a Chamber Pass resigns, is terminated or works less than the minimum requirement during the ski season, it is the business’s responsibility to revoke the pass from that individual (and spouse) and notify Aspen Skiing Company. Revoked passes are not eligible for refunds but may be transferred to another employee (or spouse).
A random audit of businesses will be performed each year to ensure compliance with the Chamber Pass Program. Businesses that do not submit information at the request of the Chamber or are found to be in noncompliance will incur a fine. Each noncompliant pass must be upgraded to an individual pass at the regular pricing season (which could be a charge of $1,000 for the Premier Pass). Businesses could also have all passes suspended for the duration of the season and/or be ineligible to participate in the Chamber Pass Program in subsequent years. Businesses not in compliance will be audited again the following year.
If chosen to be part of the audit you will need to provide specific documents as verification for each employee in question in the time frame indicated by the Chamber of Commerce. Full details, including a list of acceptable documents, can be found in the 2019-20 Aspen Skiing Company letter.
Discounted Chamber Ski Pass Program Qualifications
Full eligibility requirements are listed in the 2019-20 Aspen Skiing Company letter (provided by the Chamber along with the Verification of Eligibility Form).
Which businesses/organizations are eligible for the Chamber Pass program?
To purchase Chamber passes a business must be located and operated in the Roaring Fork Valley AND must be a current member* of the Chamber of Commerce in the community in which the business is operating. The business needs to provide local mailing and physical addresses. *Current members are defined as those in good standing, meaning there are no outstanding invoices for membership or advertising.
Who is eligible for a Chamber Pass?
Only owners, managers, and employees living in the Roaring Fork Valley (as their primary residence) AND working a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week during the winter season are eligible for the discounted season pass. A bona fide employee is one who meets the minimum work requirement, receives a W2 (not a 1099) and whose primary residence is here in the Valley. Non-working owners, friends, contract laborers and consultants are NOT eligible. Real estate agents and brokers affiliated with a registered brokerage firm are eligible.
Are spouses eligible for a Chamber Pass? Only spouses of owners, managers and employees living in the Roaring Fork Valley (as their primary residence) are eligible. The owner, manager and employee must meet the qualifications above in order for the spouse to qualify. To verify eligibility spouses must be able to provide one of the following legal documents; a Marriage Certificate, Common Law Affidavit or Civil Union Certificate if audited.
Chamber Pass Program Pass Pricing
Chamber Pass program season pass types
- Weeks begin on Monday and end on Sunday.
- Additional days available at 50% off the in-resort rate.
NOTE: Aspen Skiing Company offers a wide variety of pass options (Classic Pass, Parent Pass, Senior Pass, IKON, Mountain Collective…etc.) however the Chamber Pass program only includes the Chamber Premier, Double Flex Chamber and Flex Chamber Passes.
Where to Purchase Passes – Aspen Snowmass ticket office locations
After getting your voucher, visit an Aspen Snowmass ticket office (Aspen Mountain ticket office, Snowmass Four Mountain Sports – Base Village, and during the last week of the Super Early Discount*: Four Mountain Sports Outlet in El Jebel). Present the appropriate documentation at the time of purchase to verify eligibility.
*Special midvalley location: Four Mountain Sports Outlet – Orchard Plaza
September 9 – 13, 2019: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 6 pm..
Season passes are now on sale. The Super Early Discount Deadline is September 13, 2019. If you miss that date, be sure to get your pass by the November 15, 2019 Early Discounts deadline.
Guaranteed Chamber Ski Pass Hours
- Thu 9/12: 4-6 p.m.
- Fri 9/13: 3-6 p.m.
Aspen Skiing Company Audit Process
A random audit of businesses will be performed each year to ensure compliance with the chamber pass program. Businesses that do not submit information at the request of the Chamber or are found to be in noncompliance will incur a fine. Each noncompliant pass must be upgraded to an individual pass at the regular pricing season (which could be a charge of $1000 per pass for the Premier Pass). Businesses could also have all passes suspended for the duration of the season and/or be ineligible to participate in the chamber pass program in subsequent years. Businesses not in compliance will be audited again the following year.
Helpful hints for business owners:
- Make sure that you can provide the correct documentation for your employees and spouses before you issue them a discount chamber pass voucher.
- It is the responsibility of the business to keep a record of recipient of the chamber discount pass vouchers. We suggest that you keep a spreadsheet of all the voucher numbers and the coinciding name of the employee or spouse.
If you have any questions regarding the requirements stated above, please call Elizabeth McCann 970-300-7173.