The Basalt Chamber of Commerce annual produces a magazine to showcase all that Basalt and the midvalley has to offer. The 20,000 magazines are distributed in the Roaring Fork Valley, across the state and through request made by interested visitors.
We are pleased to have partnered with The Aspen Times for the second year to produce the 2019-20 Basalt Magazine. Demand for Discover Basalt magazine has never been higher. The 2018-19 issue was the first year that we ran out of inventory. It was also the first year that tourism partners around the state (who had never previously distributed the magazine) called us to request copies.
A great marketing opportunity
The magazine is out for an entire year, stretching your marketing dollars further. It is one of the most affordable periodicals in the valley with a longer than average shelf life. Our partnership with The Aspen Times has allowed us to provide our members with greater value in two ways:
- Advertising rates are still lower than with other publishers in previous years.
- Chamber advertisers get added value with discounted future advertising with The Aspen Times – both print and digital – in 2019.
Who does the magazine reach?
The magazine reaches customers both pre-visit and on-site, including:
- Tourists planning their trip requesting the magazine by mail
- Tourists visiting the Chamber/local businesses want the magazine for information
- Destination guests staying in local hotels and AirBnBs/VRBOs
- Affluent part-time residents
- Year-round Roaring Fork Valley residents
- New residents looking to learn more about their new hometown
- Guests attending major events such as weddings and family reunions
How are the magazines distributed?
20,000 copies are printed annually and are made available:
- Within the Roaring Fork Valley
- Along the I-70 Corridor, and other summer drive markets (Arkansas River Valley)
- In the Denver Metro area
- At all Official Colorado Welcome Centers throughout the state
The magazine is available digitally and for download at
- Colorado.com – the #1 destination for tourism in Colorado
- Coloradoinfo.com – the #2 destination for tourism in Colorado
- Aspentimes.com – 1 million page views/month – the highest web traffic in the Valley.