TOPICS AT TWELVE LUNCHEON & CONVERSATION
Topics at Twelve will be held every second Thursday of the month, bringing Chamber members, local employees and business owners cutting-edge information, tools and resources to support everyday work and lifestyle activities. There will be an opportunity for networking, audience discussion and questions. A delicious, healthy lunch from restaurant sponsor Heather’s Savory Pies and Tapas Bar will be served. Organizers welcome suggestions for future topics and applications from Chamber members to speak.
Date: Thursday, November 10
Location: Basalt Regional Library Community Room
Time: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Topic: Cyber Security Risk Management
This year, numerous large companies have experienced a major data breach, even locally – indicating that no business is too large to be affected. Every day, theft of data damages company profits, reputations and customers who trusted them to keep their information safe. And as technology becomes more complex and sophisticated, so do the threats we face – which is why every business and organization needs to be prepared. In this panel discussion, you’ll learn how to keep your data safe in this age of tech warfare so you can continue doing business confidently.
- experiences of local and national companies weathering cyber attacks
- new cyber risks
- how to mitigate potential security threats, such as ransomware and other attacks
- ways to increase your security posture
- best practices to help keep your business and its data safe
- Farr Shepherd, President of Decypher Technologies
- Gary Schemmerling, Business Accounts Executive for Travelers Insurance
Cost to Attend (lunch included):
Basalt Chamber Members: $20
Non-Members & Guests: $25
Seating is limited. Please register in advance.
The Topics at Twelve Planning committee includes:
- Danielle Howard, Wealth by Design – Chair
- Shayla Groves, design finch
- Chamber Staff: Robin Waters and Missy Hagen
Questions? Email us or call 970-927-4031.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Danielle Howard, Wealth by Design
- Basalt Regional Library
- October 2016 – “Staying Healthy in Today’s Unhealthy World” with Expert Panelists John Hughes, DO of Aspen Integrative Medicine, Rebecca Steinbach, DDS and Schuyler Van Gorden, DDS of Elevate Dental Wellness, and Lisa Cohen, MS, CN, Nutritionist, Fitness Expert, and Health Coach
- September 2016 – “Workplace Wellness: A Healthy Investment” with Guest Speakers Amanda Wagner of The Aspen Clinic and Healthlinks and Jessica Ewart of City of Well-Being
- August 2016 – “New Media & Marketing: A Look Over the Precipice” with Guest Speaker Robert Martin, Director of the Isaacson School for New Media