Big Discounts for Ski-Loving Locals!
Discounted Ski Pass Prices for Chamber Members – 2018-2019 Season Pass Information [PDF version]
Each year, the Aspen Skiing Company issues vouchers for the Basalt Chamber to share with business members and their spouses. These vouchers enable our local business members to receive significant discounts (up to $510 Chamber savings on a premier pass) on seasonal ski passes.
How it works
- Get your completed Basalt Chamber verification of eligibility form
- Go to an Aspen Snowmass ticket office to pay for and receive ASC Chamber pass vouchers
- Convert ASC Chamber pass vouchers into ski passes either in the same transaction as step 2, or later.
STEP 1: Visit the Basalt Chamber of Commerce for membership verification
At the Chamber, we complete a Chamber verification of eligibility form for your business. You must physically get the form – it cannot be mailed or emailed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We verify that a business is a current member in good standing (meaning that there are no outstanding invoices for membership or advertising.) If your dues is not current, you will need to pay before receiving your completed form. This applies to all invoices through October 2018.
- Information about the business is verified to ensure it is accurate in our database.
- We complete the verification of eligibility form, which is a triplicate copy: one copy is for the Chamber, one for the business and one is for Aspen Skiing Company.
- The only transaction involving money that could take place with the Chamber at this time is for membership dues.
STEP 2: Visit an Aspen Snowmass ticket location to purchase ASC Chamber pass vouchers
- Bring the completed Chamber form to an Aspen Snowmass ticket office, along with your form of payment for the total number of ski passes.
- ($10,000 per business limit for credit card purchases per season. Personal credit cards will only be accepted from the business owner whose name appears on the Chamber of Commerce voucher. Personal checks and cash will not be accepted.)
- Ticket office locations and hours can be found here.
- Upon payment, the Chamber form will be converted into the appropriate number of ASC Chamber pass vouchers. These vouchers are essentially paper gift cards for a ski pass with a specific value – premier pass, Flex, Double Flex. Treat these vouchers as cash. Unused ASC Chamber pass vouchers can be refunded up until February 15, 2019.
- It is the ASC Chamber pass voucher that locks in the ski pass price. You are purchasing the pass directly from the Aspen Skiing Company.
Think of this step as redeeming the coupon for a special gift card with a specific pass value.
STEP 3: Converting an ASC Chamber pass voucher into a ski pass
- Once a voucher has been turned into a pass, it becomes nonrefundable even if the pass is never used.
- Conversion of the ASC Chamber pass voucher into a ski pass can happen directly as part of the transaction in step 2 OR
- Owners, Managers, Employees and Spouses of the business may redeem their Chamber pass voucher at any ticket office, or over the phone if they had a season pass in a previous season and wish to use their existing Aspen Card. They must provide the voucher number over the phone. Once the voucher is redeemed over the phone, that voucher number is inactivated and the voucher should be thrown away to eliminate confusion
Once the voucher has been loaded onto an Aspen Card - the card that gets you onto the lift – you are good to go for the 2018-19 season.
STEP 4: Have the proper documentation incase of an audit (see details below).
Full eligibility requirements including the audit process are listed in the 2018-19 Aspen Skiing Company letter (provided by the Chamber during voucher pick-up).
Business Qualifications: To purchase Chamber passes a business must be located and operated in the Roaring Fork Valley and must be a current member* of the Chamber of Commerce in the community in which the business is operating. The business needs to provide local mailing and physical addresses.
* Current members must be in good standing, meaning that member dues is current and there are no outstanding invoices for membership or advertising.
Owner/Manager/Employee Qualifications: Only owners, managers, and employees living in the Roaring Fork Valley (as their primary residence) AND working a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week during the winter season are eligible for the discounted season pass. Non-working owners, friends, contract laborers and consultants are NOT eligible. Real estate agents and brokers affiliated with a registered brokerage firm are eligible. ***See audit requirements for more details regarding compliance.
Spouse Qualifications: Only spouses of owners, managers and employees living in the Roaring Fork Valley (as their primary residence) are eligible. The owner, manager and employee must meet the qualifications above in order for the spouse to qualify. To verify eligibility spouses must be able to provide one of the following legal documents; a Marriage Certificate, Common Law Affidavit or Civil Union Certificate if audited. ***See audit requirements for more details regarding compliance.
Where to Purchase
After getting your voucher, visit an Aspen Snowmass ticket office (Aspen Mountain ticket office, Snowmass Four Mountain Sports – Base Village, and during the last week of the Super Early Discount*: Four Mountain Sports Outlet in El Jebel). Present the appropriate documentation at the time of purchase to verify eligibility.
*Special midvalley location: Four Mountain Sports Outlet – Orchard Plaza
September 10 – 14: Monday – Friday, 11 am – 7 pm
Season passes are now on sale. The Super Early Discount Deadline is September 14. If you miss that date, be sure to get your pass by the November 16 Early Discounts deadline.
Special Chamber Hours
- Wed 9/12: 4:30-7 p.m.
- Thu 9/13: 5:30-7 p.m.
- Fri 9/14: 4 -7 p.m.
Aspen Skiing Company Audit Process
A random audit of businesses will be performed each year to ensure compliance with the chamber pass program. Businesses that do not submit information at the request of the Chamber or are found to be in noncompliance will incur a fine. Each noncompliant pass must be upgraded to an individual pass at the regular pricing season (which could be a charge of $895 for the Premier Pass). Businesses could also have all passes suspended for the duration of the season and/or be ineligible to participate in the chamber pass program in subsequent years. Businesses not in compliance will be audited again the following year.
Helpful hints for business owners:
- Make sure that you can provide the correct documentation for your employees and spouses before you issue them a discount chamber pass voucher.
- It is the responsibility of the business to keep a record of recipient of the chamber discount pass vouchers. We suggest that you keep a spreadsheet of all the voucher numbers and the coinciding name of the employee or spouse.
If you have any questions regarding the requirements stated above, please call Elizabeth McCann 970-300-7173.
Join the Chamber and ask for more information on the Chamber Ski Voucher discount and more!