Big Discounts for Ski-Loving Locals!
Discounted Ski Pass Prices for Chamber Members – 2017-2018 Season Pass Information
Each year, the Aspen Skiing Company issues vouchers for the Basalt Chamber to share with business members and their spouses. These vouchers enable our local business members to receive significant discounts (up to $500 Chamber savings on a premier pass) on seasonal ski passes.
How it works
- Pick up a discounted voucher from the Basalt Chamber of Commerce. You must physically come into the Chamber office to get your voucher BEFORE going to Aspen Skiing Company to purchase your pass.
- Bring voucher to any Aspen Snowmass ticket office, and present it when purchasing the ski pass of your choice.
- Be prepared to submit the proper information to the Basalt Chamber of Commerce in case of a Chamber Pass Audit.
Full eligibility requirements including the audit process can be reviewed on the 2017-18 Aspen Skiing Company letter (provided by the Chamber during voucher pick-up).
Business Qualifications: To purchase Chamber passes a business must be located and operated in the Roaring Fork Valley and must be a current member* of the Chamber of Commerce in the community in which the business is operating. The business needs to provide local mailing and physical addresses.
* Current members must be in good standing, meaning that member dues is current and there are no outstanding invoices for membership or advertising.
Owner/Manager/Employee Qualifications: Only owners, managers, and employees living in the Roaring Fork Valley (as their primary residence) AND working a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week during the winter season are eligible for the discounted season pass. Non-working owners, friends, contract laborers and consultants are NOT eligible. Real estate agents and brokers affiliated with a registered brokerage firm are eligible. ***See audit requirements for more details regarding compliance.
Spouse Qualifications: Only spouses of owners, managers and employees living in the Roaring Fork Valley (as their primary residence) are eligible. The owner, manager and employee must meet the qualifications above in order for the spouse to qualify. To verify eligibility spouses must be able to provide one of the following legal documents; a Marriage Certificate, Common Law Affidavit or Civil Union Certificate if audited. ***See audit requirements for more details regarding compliance.
Where to Purchase
After getting your voucher, visit an Aspen Snowmass ticket office (Aspen Mountain ticket office, Snowmass Two Creeks ticket office, Snowmass Four Mountain Sports – Base Village, Four Mountain Sports Outlet in El Jebel). Present the appropriate Chamber of Commerce voucher at the time of purchase to verify eligibility.
Four Mountain Sports Outlet – Orchard Plaza
September 11 – 15: Monday – Friday, 11 am – 7 pm
October 9 – November 12: Monday – Sunday 11 am – 7 pm
Season passes are now on sale. The Super Early Discount Deadline is September 15. If you miss that date, be sure to get your pass by the November 10 Early Discounts deadline.
Special Chamber Hours
The Chamber is currently coordinating with Aspen Skiing Company to offer a few “one-stop shop” evenings at the Four Mountain Sports Outlet – Orchard Plaza during the final week of the Super Early Discount period (9/11-15). This will allow members to get their voucher and ski pass at the same time. More details will be posted on this page.
Aspen Skiing Company Audit Process
A random audit of businesses will be performed each year to ensure compliance with the chamber pass program. Businesses that do not submit information at the request of the Chamber or are found to be in noncompliance will incur a fine. Each noncompliant pass must be upgraded to an individual pass at the regular pricing season (which could be a charge of $840 for the Premier Pass). Businesses could also have all passes suspended for the duration of the season and/or be ineligible to participate in the chamber pass program in subsequent years. Businesses not in compliance will be audited again the following year.
Helpful hints for business owners:
- Make sure that you can provide the correct documentation for your employees and spouses before you issue them a discount chamber pass voucher.
- It is the responsibility of the business to keep a record of recipient of the chamber discount pass vouchers. We suggest that you keep a spreadsheet of all the voucher numbers and the coinciding name of the employee or spouse.
If you have any questions regarding the requirements stated above, please call Elizabeth McCann 970-300-7173.